Monday 7 April 2014

Enough is Enough

I didn't realize that my slow living lifestyle is indicative of a movement called a Steady State Economy, as I hadn't heard this term before. 
Enough is Enough is the title of the library book that I am reading. It is by Rob Dietz and Dan O'Neill.
The authors describe a desired state of the world that will support the number of inhabitants without the need for economic growth, but where people have just enough for their needs and don't over consume.
In this way resources will be managed, environmental damage will be reduced and hopefully population growth will settle out.
The authors recognize the huge hurdles in getting the world economies to change and look at ways that this might be encouraged. Real food for thought. Find this book if you can.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.