Tuesday 18 March 2014

I've Been Shopping for Clothes, Yogini Drink.

Six months ago I gave myself a challenge - to not buy clothes for 12 months - not even vintage or recycled.
Well I have to confess that I have been having some serious urges to shop - to the point of visiting certain online shopping sites. The problem is that I have lots of events coming up - weddings to play, family celebrations, and a weekend gig at the Country Rock Festival in Paihia. 
So...if I didn't do something, next thing there would parcels arriving in the mail. Today I spent hours shopping....in my own wardrobe!
I used Pinterest for inspiration - that's such a great site.
 I have tried on all sorts of combinations, and when I found a winner, I wrote it down, listed under the occasions I need them for.
Every occasion is covered, and the time spent has given me some more creative mixes than usual, accessories noted down too.
Now I've just got a huge mess to clean up.

Oh give me strength.


Yellow Yogini Drink


Image from Katie Silcox blog

One of the blogs I follow - quarteracrelifestyle reblogged this drink, which she described as a substitute for chai latte. The main ingredient, after milk, is turmeric, which is really good for health, as are the other spices used. I thought I would give this a go as a replacement for my morning coffee. It is delicious!

Yellow Yogini Drink

1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp turmeric
1/3 tsp ground cardamom
1/3 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp ground ginger pinch nutmeg
1 cup of milk
sweetener to taste - honey or stevia leaves 

Melt the oil in a pan then add the spices and stir through.
Once you can smell the spices add the milk and stir well.
Bring to the boil. 
Pour into a blender (cover with a teatowel, not the lid due to steam)
Blend 20 secs. I use a handheld milk frother instead of the blender.


It doesn't taste like curry, as you might think. One of the health benefits of this drink is that it is said to aid sleep. I can vouch for that, but I think I'd better start drinking it at night after having extensive afternoon snoozes each day that I've had a cup of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.