Tuesday 13 August 2013

Making lots

Yesterday became a busy day. I had a plan to make a couple of recipes, but it evolved into...while I have these out I might as well...so I made:
Yoghurt
Muesli
Lasagne - having handmade the pasta first.
Dishwasher Powder
Laundry Powder
Lipgloss (melted down rundown lipsticks and mixed with a Thin Lizzy Gloss)
Liquid Hand Soap

The recipes for most of these are already in my blogs.
The hand soap I made as follows:
still needed to add more grated soap

I used Melt and Pour soap from soapcraft.co.nz. A 1kg block was $16 and I used 150g. This made up enough for 3 hand soap pump bottles. Not only is this way cheaper than buying it - but there are no plastic bottles to dispose of. This recipe is adapted from one I found in "The Complete Soapmaker"

150g grated soap of your choice - i used clear melt and pour soap
450g water - yes you need to weigh it
1 tablespoon of glycerine
essential oil for perfume as you wish

Melt all together and mix. If it is too thick add more water, if too thin add more soap - easy! Pour into pump bottles you have saved.
This recipe could also be used for body wash for the shower, as I think they are essentially the same thing. 

PEA SPROUTS
Our garden is not a thing of beauty this winter. The possums and slugs and snails have take their toll. After trialing lots of methods of pest control we have resorted to hand picking the slugs and snails at night, and that seems to work best. Much more productive than watching television.
The critters made short work of my sugar snap peas, despite netting, so that we only got about a dozen pods...so I have now taken to using the new sprouts in my salads and stirfries. At least I feel like we are getting some return. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, they are yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.