Tuesday 4 June 2013

Slow Living

"The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land."  Abraham Lincoln


I have come to the conclusion that slow living may not make for very exciting blogs at time, in view of the fact that it means a lot of time is spent gardening and creating in the kitchen. But people who are following slow living will understand that. Others might not.

Today's blog will be of random bits and pieces then, just to stir it up a little.

A little piece of my driftwood art - "I Love You"



It is pouring with rain again today...and I want to retreat to my studio but it is across the drive...through the rain.

RECIPE FOR DISHWASHER POWDER

2 cups of washing soda
2 cups of borax
6 tablespoons of citric acid
1 cup of baking soda

Combine all ingredients (I use the food processor to pulverise it all to a powder) and use as usual. Put white vinegar in the rinse compartment.

Not only does this mean an environmentally safe mixture for our septic tank, but I'm pretty sure it works out cheaper (I'll have to work that out) plus no packaging, as all these ingredients can be bought from Binn Inn in bulk with my own containers ...win win win.

A while back we bought a huge old holey tapa cloth off Trade me,  and have been having fun doing things with it. 
Drainpipe with sewn on tapa cloth cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.