Wednesday 22 May 2013

The Library like no other

IF YOU HAVE A GARDEN AND A LIBRARY, YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED - Cicero

I have both! And they make me feel wealthy.
My family laugh at me, calling the library in town my second home. I'm not a big fiction reader, but use the library to soak up images and ideas that keep me creative and positive.
Some of my favourites have been
 The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, in which the author leaves a legacy to his young children after he is diagnosed with a terminal illness. 
Floating Gold - the History of Ambergris by Christopher Kemp - I always wanted to know...fascinating if you are a beachcomber like me.
No Impact Man by Colin Beavan. Wow this guy is so dedicated to reducing waste - such an inspiration, even if we start to do a fraction of what they managed we would make a difference, collectively. 

I like to keep a record of what I have read - otherwise when I try to remember titles and names they have gone. So, I have dedicated some pages in my journals - which are altered books by the way - to my bookshelf. It's good to look back on occasionally and remember them.
library page - Anne's journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.